ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This is the main Privacy Notice for the usakca. In summary, depending on your relationship with us, we’ll use your personal information:
- As needed to provide our products and services, for example to administer subscriptions, take orders and ad placements and handle customer service queries
- To provide a single customer view across our Site and ensure we understand who our customers are and their preferences and how our products and services are generally perceived.
- To provide the interactive features of our Site, such as commenting, discussion forums and competitions
- To send you direct marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest;
- To display digital advertising on our Site that is tailored to your preferences so the online adverts you see are more relevant to you.
- To manage our business and to comply with the law.
This Privacy Notice, which covers all of your personal information whether collected online or offline, including by telephone or where you write to us, together with our Cookie Notice and any Site-specific notice, provides more detail on those activities and explains your rights and how to exercise them. You can always contact us with questions or concerns about your privacy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS AND WHERE IT COMES FROM
Information that we collect and process about you includes:
- Personal and contact details you have provided to us, such as your name, email address or postal address, for example when you register on the Site or to receive a newsletter, enter a sales promotion or competition, or at an event, or where you have agreed to receive marketing materials from us or third parties;
- Information you have provided when you obtain products or services from us or enquire about those products or services;
- Information included in any communication between us or that you provide in any post on the Site or any information collected when you participate in any survey or quiz or obtained through social media or which is publicly available;
- Information about your use of third party products or services or from third parties who we may use to operate certain aspects of our business;
- Information we buy or obtain from third parties, including marketing lists;
- We also collect information from cookies on your devices and this includes information about your IP address, MAC address and other identifying information, information about your devices, including your location, from third party advertising networks and how you use our products and services.
For more information about cookies, please see our Cookie Notice
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We share information as needed with our third party service providers and partners, to other members of the usakca, as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business or as set out below. We will disclose your information and co-operate with appropriate bodies and authorities in good faith where we are required to by law, a court order, a regulatory authority, or otherwise, including with the police, trading standards, regulatory authorities or other relevant authorities. We may share information about you with credit reference agencies. We may also share information to facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business, including if we are approached by a potential buyer.
We collect information about you automatically when you visit our Site by using cookies (small text files) and other tracking technology. For more information about cookies, and other tracking technology including how to turn them off, please see our Cookie Notice.
5. WHAT ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WHEN WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal information: A. Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Managing products and services you hold with us, or an enquiry about one
- Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
- Sharing your personal information with third parties and services providers when you apply for a product or service to help manage your product or service
- All stages and activities relevant to managing any product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
B. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your products and services, updating your records
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- For some direct marketing communications, subject to appropriate controls and safeguards
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and us
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations or where we reasonably believe we are under a legal or regulatory obligation
C. With your consent or explicit consent
- For some direct marketing communications and digital advertising activities
- For some of our processing of special data categories of personal information such as about your health
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
In general, we keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose for which it was collected, plus a short additional period in case of problems. How long we keep it therefore varies according to the type of information it is and why we have it, and will range from a few days or weeks to, in some cases, several years. We have established a full data retention policy, and can provide further information on request.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAW?
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you. Below is a short overview of those rights. The website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (http://www.ico.org.uk) has a wealth of useful information in respect of your rights over your personal information. If you wish to exercise your rights, you can write to us by email email@example.com, for the attention of the legal department. Your right to withdraw your consent If we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Your right to access the information we hold about you With some exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, as well as information about what we do with it, who we share it with and how long we will hold it for. We may make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data beyond the first copy, based on our administrative costs. Your right to have inaccurate information about you rectified You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate. Your right to object to what we do with your data, and to have restrictions placed upon it Where we process your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to that processing and to have restrictions placed upon it while we consider your objection. Your right to have your information erased in some circumstances You have the right to require us to delete the information that we hold about you if it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for, and there is no other legal basis on which we must, or are allowed to, retain it. Your right to stop receiving direct marketing from us You have the right to require us to stop sending you direct marketing material (for example, promotional emails). It can sometimes take a few days to action these requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our handling of your personal information
8. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted here and such changes will become effective as soon as they are posted. Your continued use of the relevant Site constitutes notice to you of all these changes.
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Privacy Notice was updated on 10/01/2021 to reflect changes to usakca use of your personal information.